Re:Mobilize is a brand-new single-player Quake modification by EmeraldTiger and Inky that introduces three new movement-based mechanics to the game, opening up devious new challenges to players and a whole new dimension of possibilities for level designers.
- Trampolines: Perform death-defying leaps of faith across even the most intimidating gaps and chasms.
- Wiremeshes: Nothing can stop you, not even gravity itself. More than just simple ladders, these surfaces let you move up, down, sideways, and even hang from ceilings.
- Lighthooks and Lightpanels: The lighthook's purely photonic composition allows it to instantly latch onto any visible lightpanel, regardless of distance. You'll be hooked in no time - literally.
- An Excursion to Carcosa (rm_carcosa) by Inky
- Beneath the Frozen Moon (rm_moon) by Tonhao
- Concrete Substratum (rm_substratum) by riktoi
- Echoes of Repercussion (rm_echoes) by iYago
- Peak Memory Usage (rm_peak) by Tonhao
- Ranger Dynamics (rm_dynamics) by EmeraldTiger
- RE:1M8 (rm_re1m8) by spootnik
- Swamps of Heretics (rm_heretics) by Heresy
- The Yawning Temple (rm_yawning) by DragonsForLunch
- Urn (rm_urn) by nickster
- Waterfront Citadel (rm_waterfront) by EmeraldTiger
Furthermore, not content with simply redefining Quake movement, Re:Mobilize enjoys and expands upon the benefits of dumptruck_ds's groundbreaking progs_dump 3.0 development kit, giving level designers access to all of its dastardly features - and even some new ones. Inky of Church of the Unholy fame contributes several new features to help level designers elevate their maps to whole new levels, including, but certainly not limited to:
- trigger_enterleave: A brush-based trigger entity that fires one set of events upon entering it, and another when leaving it.
- trigger_random: A point trigger entity that randomly fires one of its four targets, which have weights that can be adjusted per-target to make certain targets more likely to fire than others, as well as a pain_target property that serves as a useful check for the existence of a target.
- Enhancements to trigger_filter: Can now check against modulus (%) calculations, ammo for each weapon; origin, angles, and velocity; and more!
- Puzzle Items HUD: To get around the issue of custom keys not showing up in the HUD due to engine limitations, a purely QC-based "Puzzle Items HUD" has been developed by Inky to let you view your custom keys at any time.
Re:Mobilize has been in development since December 2021, and over the course of 2022 and this year the mod grew in scope far beyond my expectations, in no small part thanks to the contributions and assistance of the community, particularly Inky who has helped significantly with developing, bug testing, and providing new features for the mod that would never have made it in otherwise, as well as all of the level designers and playtesters involved in development. We hope that the community not only finds Re:Mobilize enjoyable, but inspires level designers to come up with ideas that make use of the new mechanics to create challenging new maps and bring forth a paradigm shift in Quake mapping altogether.
An Excursion to Carcosa by Inky
Beneath the Frozen Moon by Tonhao
Concrete Substratum by riktoi
Echoes of Repercussion by iYago
Peak Memory Usage by Tonhao
Ranger Dynamics by EmeraldTiger
RE:1M8 by spootnik
Swamps of Heretics by Heresy
The Yawning Temple by DragonsForLunch
Urn by nickster
Waterfront Citadel by EmeraldTiger
Re:Mobilize HQ by EmeraldTiger (start map)
Re:Mobilize requires a full (non-demo), legally purchased copy of Quake® to run. You can buy Quake through one of the following platforms:
We recommend one of the following:
Unzip the folder "rm1.0" into your main Quake folder (the one where your executable is located). Make a shortcut of your main Quake source port's executable ("ironwail.exe" for Ironwail, for example), right click on it and open its properties. In the "target" box, append the following to the end of the executable path:
You might also wish to rename the shortcut to "remobilize", "rm", or similar.
When you run the game through the shortcut you made it should automatically load the Re:Mobilize mod.
How to make maps:
Provided with Re:Mobilize is a .fgd file called remobilize.fgd, which can be loaded by any popular level editing program such as TrenchBroom. These will load the entity definitions for all three of the new mechanics. Also provided is a .wad file called rm_mechanics.wad, which includes the standard textures used by the mechanics. Once these are loaded, you will have the necessary tools to start building maps with these new mechanics.
id software for Quake
dumptruck_ds for progs_dump & the progs_dump ladder code, used as a base for the wiremesh.
Inky for various suggestions/improvements to the mechanics, including custom sound support and alternative textures, additional features to progs_dump 3.0, and major development support/assistance.
Rogue Software for the grappling hook code from Dissolution of Eternity, used as a base for the lighthook/lightpanel.
Grue for providing support and assistance in the very early stages of the mod's development.
Inky for various suggestions/improvements to the mechanics, including custom sound support and alternative textures, and for the additional features to progs_dump 3.0.
Grue, dumptruck_ds and flecked for additional support prior to the first development release.
Eber150 for providing sound files for the medieval/runic lighthook.
Various sounds from freesounds.org, from the following people:
- Matthew Goodheart
- An Excursion to Carcosa: Morph Music by Immorpher
- Beneath the Frozen Moon: Morph Music by Immorpher
- Concrete Substratum: Hydroscope by Gallery Six
- Directions: Morph Music by Immorpher
- Echoes of Repercussion: N/A
- Peak Memory Usage: Morph Music by Immorpher
- Ranger Dynamics: Clipgate Suplex by PoolboyQ
- RE:1M8: N/A
- Re:Mobilize HQ: Violent Fluid by Jake "The Voice" Parr
- Swamps of Heretics: The Gatehouse by Kevin Schilder
- The Yawning Temple: N/A
- Urn: Urn by nickster/Jupiter Skydive
- Waterfront Citadel: Filthy Memories by dumptruck_ds
- Re:Mobilize HQ: Tech Trimsheets by Makkon